Hands-On Cooking for Better Brain Health
May 20, 2017| 12:00pm-3:30pm | $85 + $15 Materials Fee
*Back by popular demand, this class is a re-run! Sign up now to claim your spot!*
It’s hard to think of anything more important to each of us than the ability to think clearly, readily recall important information, and to feel happy, productive and calm. Did you know that the food you eat every day plays an enormous role in supporting these brain functions?
This hands-on cooking class will start with an overview of the important nutrition principles, beneficial foods, and cooking techniques that contribute to building better brain health. Then together we’ll prepare anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense foods rich in healthy fats, herbs and spices, antioxidants, probiotics, fiber, vitamins and minerals to create a delicious meal we will share (along with intelligent and interesting conversation!). All recipes are gluten and dairy free.
The menu for this class includes…
- Herb and Cashew Cheese-Stuffed Celery
- Thai Coconut Lemongrass Salmon Chowder
- Nopales con Huevos (Mexican-style cactus, veggies & eggs)
- Chimichurri Green Lentil and Quinoa Salad
- Sesame Dressed Greens
- Tex-Mex Butternut Squash Noodles with Tomatillo Sauce
- Green Goodness Veggie Juice
- Raw Coconut/Cacao Bites
- Sesame Pumpkin Seed Bars
- Hot Chocolate with Brain Power Spices
Sweet Dreams Are Made of This
April 25, May 2 & 16| 6:30pm-8:30pm | $90 + $15 Materials Fee
One of the fundamental building blocks of health is deeply restorative sleep. Yet 65% of Americans lack sufficient restful sleep. It’s bad enough being tired, but sleep deprivation is also directly linked to obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and diminished brain function.
This class will delve into the lifestyle habits, nutrition and helpful herbs that go into building a better night sleep. We will also cover the “thieves” that can steal your rest, such as sleep apnea, pain and other nighttime disturbances. Each class will include take home activities, therapeutic foods and snacks.
Other Class Topics Offered Periodically:
- Whole Food Nutrition for Reducing Inflammation
- Whole Food Nutrition for Improving Immune Health
- Whole Food Nutrition for a Healthy Heart
- Whole Food Nutrition for Healthy Aging
- Whole Food Nutrition for Balanced Blood Sugar
- Whole Food Nutrition for Improving Digestion
- Hands-on Cooking Classes
- “Dump the Junk” Detox Program (spring and fall)