Detox with Whole Foods
May 1st, 8th, 25th 2018| 6:30pm-8:30pm | $95 + $15 Materials Fee
Ready to lighten your load? We all accumulate a burden of toxins in our bodies from the environment, food, water and even our daily personal care products. A seasonal food and herb-based detox regimen can help maintain health as we age, protect our vital organs (including the brain!) and also help with weight loss. Detox can reduce digestive problems, headaches, fatigue, skin problems, allergies and more.
Luckily there are many foods, herbs and habits that can help us detox safely and gently. Learn how a 3-week eating and lifestyle plan can revitalize body, mind and spirit. Understand how to build self-care and “everyday detox” into your life so you can be healthier going forward. You will also learn how to identify hidden toxins and why it is so important to clear them.
Each class will include detoxifying and cleansing foods and herbal teas.
Hands-on Cooking for Detoxification
June 2, 2018| 12:00pm-3:30pm | $85
Did you know certain foods are detox powerhouses? Come learn how to cook a variety of foods that target your key detoxification pathways as well as support your liver and kidneys in clearing accumulated pollutants, excess hormones, and nasty chemicals that disrupt your metabolism. Regular detox is an important part of staying vibrant and feeling your best.
Learn how to do it right—there are important principles to know and follow (hint: no “Hollywood”-style purges!). We will learn how to bump up the antioxidant and detox power of meals with foods and herbs; build flourishing populations of beneficial bacteria that help process out the junk, and how to source food that will truly serve your health.
The menu includes…
– Asparagus and Shiitake Mushroom Sauté
– Roasted Beet and Citrus salad with Pesto Dressing
– Invigorating Green Tonic
– Thai Lemongrass Salmon Chowder
– Sesame Burdock/Carrot Sauté
– Quinoa Broccoli-Apple Slaw with honey mustard dressing
– Brazil nut and Pecan butter (from scratch) Stuffed Celery Bites
– Dark chocolate cherry “Yum” balls
– Gelatin Parfait with Fresh Berries…
– Beet Kvass
– Detoxifying herbal teas
– Ultimate Spa Water
Click here to register online!
By phone at 510-866-1000
In person at 4430 Alma Avenue, Castro Valley, CA
Other Class Topics Offered Periodically:
- Whole Food Nutrition for Reducing Inflammation
- Whole Food Nutrition for Improving Immune Health
- Whole Food Nutrition for a Healthy Heart
- Whole Food Nutrition for Healthy Aging
- Whole Food Nutrition for Balanced Blood Sugar
- Whole Food Nutrition for Improving Digestion
- Hands-on Cooking Classes
- “Dump the Junk” Detox Program (spring and fall)